18 June 2016
Dear Instructors and Candidates,
Please find enclosed details and forms in respect of the forthcoming IV degree and above, testing examination, to be held at the David McNairn Blackbelt Academy (DMBBA), 65 Baltic Street, Montrose, DD10 8ET. Saturday 18 June 2016. The day will include a Technical Seminar and lunch shall be provided, followed by the practical examination, followed by the graduation ceremony and graduation meal (if required).
Timetable of Events: Saturday 18 June
09:00 – 12:00 3 Masters Technical Seminar reviewing, sparring technique, pattern, self defence, power test, and pre-arranged sparring Pt1.
Theory test for our candidate(s)
To be held at Montrose Sports Centre in the activities room
12:00 – 13:00 Lunch & theory re-sit if required.
13:00 – 15:00 3 Masters Technical Seminar reviewing, sparring technique, pattern, self defence, power test, and pre-arranged sparring Pt2.
Additional training on any part of the examination that the candidate(s) request, with one (or more) of the Masters in attendance.
15:00 – 15:30 Grading candidate(s), examiners and seminar participants move to DMBBA. (5 min walk)
15:30 – 17:00 Examination(s) (DMBBA)
17:00 – 17:30 Exam Evaluation (DMBBA)
17:30 – 18:00 Graduation (DMBBA)
18:00 – close Graduation Meal (Optional and if applicable)
Please let your instructor know if you will be attending the graduation celebration meal.
The meal will be at the Peking Palace Chinese Restaurant, Forties Road, Montrose.
- The technical seminar is open to all adults students white belt to blackbelt. For junior students it is recommended that only juniors of 6thkup and above apply to take part in the course.
- Students should arrive for the seminar in a tracksuit or dobok and no jeans or casual clothing.
- The blackbelt examination is a closed door event with NOspectators. Only instructors and/or blackbelts of III Deg and above, will be allowed to stay in the dojang during the examination.
- All blackbelts and degree candidates MUSTarrive at the blackbelt degree test in official blackbelt attire (black/navy trousers, white shirt and navy tie), no tracksuits and no casual clothes.
- The exam result will be given on the day.
- Results will be withheld for those requiring to re-sit the theory test.
- The theory test must be re-sat within one week of exam. Failure a second time will require the full exam to be retaken.
Seminar fee: £25 per person
Applicant Notes – (all transactions to ITF Scotland must be electronic – no cash or hard copy)
- Payments can be made to instructor or paid directly to ITF Scotland Account. 09-01-28 (43740861)
- Please complete all forms electronically.
- Please supply e-photo (Dobok or shirt tie / 2cm x 2cm / in *jpeg format)
If there are any further questions or queries please do not hesitate to ask.
Master David McNairn VII Deg
ITFS Master Seminar Application